Ovarian cysts definition and facts
- Ovarian cysts are closed, sac-like structures within the ovary that are filled with a liquid or semisolid substance.
- Ovarian cysts may not cause signs or symptoms. Larger cysts are more likely to cause signs and symptoms such as:
- Pain in the abdomen, pelvis, sometimes radiating to the low back, is the most common symptom
- Feeling of bloating or indigestion
- Increased abdominal girth
- Feeling an urge to have a bowel movement or having difficult, painful bowel movements
- Pain during sexual intercourse (dyspareunia)
- Pain in the lower right or left quadrant of the abdomen on one side
- Nausea and vomiting
progesterone. The ovaries are the main source of female hormones, which control the development of female body characteristics such as the breasts, body shape, and body hair. They also regulate the menstrual cycle and pregnancy.
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.